Tag Archives: FBFF
I so didn’t plan to have 2 posts back to back about shoes, but you can never talk about SHOES too much, right??? I’ve been AWOL with Fashion Beauty Friend Friday lately, I’ve just been so busy and kind of lost track of everything going on and my email has been flooded lately, so I just kinda felt out of whack on everything! My girl, Krystle of FierceFabFit brought this to my attention when I saw her post!! All I saw was the word, “SHOES” Ha Ha Ha I knew I had to jump on these questions ASAP! If you want to learn more about FBFF be sure to head over to ModlyChic to get all the details.
1.What is your go-to pair of shoes?
This may sound a bit strange, but I really don’t have a go-to pair of shoes. I am in love with ALL my shoes so I kinda just pick the shoe that goes best with the outfit I’m wearing. I do find that I wear my BCBG platform pumps the most. They just pretty much go with EVERYTHING!
2. What goes into your shoe buying decisions?
My motto is: If I like them, I’m buying them! LOL Maybe that is why I have so many pairs. Hmmmmm
3. The majority of the shoes in your closet are what color?
Reds and Pinks – I used to have so many pairs of Black shoes. I try to stay away from buying so many black just because black shoes always dominate any woman’s closet. Of course, its good to have at least one pair of those classic black pumps. If there is a shoe that I love and I know I’m going to buy it, I almost always will buy it in the other color available.
4. When it comes to designer shoes what are your favorite brands and why?
I’m really not one to be so into designer shoes. In my opinion, if the shoe is my style and I love it, I’m going to buy it. Whether it costs $200+ or $10, you’ll find it in my closet. I do love Jeffrey Campbell, Dolce Vita, Sam Edelman, BCBG, Betsey Johnson, Michael Kors, Gianni Bini and of course CHRISTIAN LOUBOUTIN!! I love all of these brands because the shoes are just HAUTE! period.
5. If price wasn’t an issue, you’d own which shoe?
I’d own every pair of Christian Louboutin ever created! LOL I love love love his shoes.com. LOL The “red bottoms” are just Oh So SEXXXXXY and they are comfy too. Well not that comfy, but it sounded good. LOL LOL
Who said diamonds are a girls best friend?????? Shoot, get me some Louboutins!!
It’s Friday, so you know what that means… Fashion Beauty Friend Friday! Today’s questions are all about being unique!
1. With all the blogging events out there how do you determine which ones to participate in and which ones to avoid?
I participate in the events that I think are 1. important 2. wothwile and 3. FUN! If I see an event and it doesn’t interest me or I know I won’t have the time to do it or commit 100%, I won’t bother.
2. Be honest, have you ever jumped on the bandwagon of some blogging movement/event for the wrong reasons? How did that turn out?
I’ve only had my blog since November 2010, so I haven’t done many events. The first thing I did was join FBFF (and I’m glad I did because I’ve met a great group of ladies) and I also am participaing in the Go Red for Women campaign. But other than that, I haven’t even participated in anything else. Oops, I totally forgot that I am a participant of Everybody, Everywear. I really wanted to do the 30X30 challenge but I just knew I wouldn’t give my 100%, so I passed. I would like to challenge myself though and do it at some point in time.
3. How do you give your own flair to a blog event while still maintaining the general mission and purpose?
Wow! This is a good question… I’d say as I said before, I just continue to be ME! I don’t try to be anyone else. I just stay true to myself!
4. When determining the best content for your blog what criteria do you keep in mind?
If I come across an event that sounds interesting, genuine, worthwhile and FUN, I’m all in. It’s just gotta be FUN for me to do. After all, blogging is all about having FUN for me and relieveing stress. I don’t want to take on a challenge that isn’t FUN to do or stressful in planning it. LOL
5. While everything will not suit your blog, how do you try and support your fellow bloggers who are participating in something worthwhile but not your style?
Your blog is what YOU want it to be, so if oneday I decide to particpate in an event that has to do with “cooking” for example. As long as its FUN and getting great information out to my readers, I’d def do it. It would intrique my readers, I think, and allow them to learn something new about me.
TGIF!!! It’s Fashion Beauty Friend Friday (FBFF) and today my fellow Bloganista’s and myself are chatting about pre-planning our daily outfits. Katy Rose, a super fab chica, of Modly Chic sends us questions weekly, and we answer on our blogs each Friday.
|No, this is not my closet, BUT it would be nice if it was! LOL|
1. How do you determine what you will wear that day?
I really don’t put too much thought into what I am going to wear. I usually wake up and the first thing I do is look in my closet and decide if I want to wear pants, jeans or a dress/skirt. After I decide that, I just start pulling and putting on.
2. Do you plan outfits out in advance for a whole week, month, weekend?
NO WAY!!!!! I wish I were that organized and planned things well in advance. LOL It would probably make my life a whole lot easier.
3. Do you have any specific way of tracking outfits and items already worn so you don’t repeat?
Not really. Once I wear something, its put in a pile to wash or put in the cleaners. Once its cleaned, it gets put right back in the closet and ready to be worn again. I don’t keep track of what I already wore and didn’t wear. If it’s in my closet, that means it’s clean and ready to be worn. LOL
4. How do you discover new combinations of items in your closet? (Trial try-ons? Hanging items together?)
I usually just look at items and can pretty much, by eye, see if it’s going to be a good combination or not. I pretty much already have in my mind an idea of what I want, so that makes it a lot easier.
5. To streamline the process for 2011 what is one new thing you can do to cut down your dressing time?
I could definitely start planning and deciding what I’m going to wear the night before rather than waiting until morning to decide. That would save me a whole lot of time!!
P.S. If you haven’t already, don’t forget to enter into my $50 Visa Gift Card Giveaway below!!
It’s that time again for Fashion Beauty Friend Friday (FBFF). If your not familiar, FBFF was founded and is hosted by a great chica, Katy Rose over at ModlyChic. Head on over here to see other fellow bloggers take on “Blogger Envy”.
|Photo credit: sodahead.com|
Of course I did, when I first launched. I saw some AMAZING blogs and I thought to myself, “what have I gotten myself into?” LOL! But everyone is their own person and have put their own personal touch, so in the end, its all about what I wanted in MY blog. The others no longer mattered.
2. Do you (did you) feel pressure to meet some kind of undefined standard for fashion bloggers?
Not at all, I just do ME! I know what I want in my fashion blog and I stay true to that.
3. Many established fashion bloggers are also extraordinary DIYers, bakers, and crafty people. Do you think you need to combine all of these things to be successful at blogging?
I love how so many other bloggers are creative, especially the DIYers, but I never thought to combine anything like that with my blog. It would take away from what I want my blog to concentrate on, which is my passion for FASHION! But I do appreciate looking at others to get great recipe’s, DIY, and see different crafts. So many talents I’ve discovered that I probably wouldn’t have otherwise if I didn’t stumble upon those blogs.
4. The most successful blogs are the ones that have their own personal voice – how are you developing your voice or how did you find yours?
I stay true to myself and my passion for fashion. I speak what’s in my heart. I’m just being ME!
5. Toot your own horn… what’s one thing you do that is unique to you and your blog? What gives your blog an edge?
I guess I am still trying to find my EDGE! lol I try to post daily outfits on a daily basis and try to be consistent with that and I try to give the best advice to my readers when it comes to Fashion. I treat my blog as if it’s a Full Time job. It’s my baby!