It’s Friday, so you know what that means… Fashion Beauty Friend Friday! Today’s questions are all about being unique!
1. With all the blogging events out there how do you determine which ones to participate in and which ones to avoid?
I participate in the events that I think are 1. important 2. wothwile and 3. FUN! If I see an event and it doesn’t interest me or I know I won’t have the time to do it or commit 100%, I won’t bother.
2. Be honest, have you ever jumped on the bandwagon of some blogging movement/event for the wrong reasons? How did that turn out?
I’ve only had my blog since November 2010, so I haven’t done many events. The first thing I did was join FBFF (and I’m glad I did because I’ve met a great group of ladies) and I also am participaing in the Go Red for Women campaign. But other than that, I haven’t even participated in anything else. Oops, I totally forgot that I am a participant of Everybody, Everywear. I really wanted to do the 30X30 challenge but I just knew I wouldn’t give my 100%, so I passed. I would like to challenge myself though and do it at some point in time.
3. How do you give your own flair to a blog event while still maintaining the general mission and purpose?
Wow! This is a good question… I’d say as I said before, I just continue to be ME! I don’t try to be anyone else. I just stay true to myself! 🙂
4. When determining the best content for your blog what criteria do you keep in mind?
If I come across an event that sounds interesting, genuine, worthwhile and FUN, I’m all in. It’s just gotta be FUN for me to do. After all, blogging is all about having FUN for me and relieveing stress. I don’t want to take on a challenge that isn’t FUN to do or stressful in planning it. LOL
5. While everything will not suit your blog, how do you try and support your fellow bloggers who are participating in something worthwhile but not your style?
Your blog is what YOU want it to be, so if oneday I decide to particpate in an event that has to do with “cooking” for example. As long as its FUN and getting great information out to my readers, I’d def do it. It would intrique my readers, I think, and allow them to learn something new about me.